Tuesday, September 26, 2006

So my buddy matt calls me up this morning while I am at work to tell me that he heard on the radio that the bucs brought in shaun king for a tryout. Now I thought he was the third stringer for the colts but I might be wrong. Still it reminds me of one of my most favorite sporting moments. A while back (like ten yrs) my little brother monty played football at clearwater centrla catholic in st pete. He is like 6'5 built like a tight end. His team had to play gibbs which was qb'ed by king. Well my brother had one of those magical nights where he was really getting good penetration. ON this one play he hit shaun so hard that his helmet flew off and he was stumbling about like he had his bell rung. The funyn thing is that I don't even remember the score or who won although any team that had my little brother probably lost because they were probably all fucked up before the game which brings me to another funny story involving my little brother and our high school wrestling team.

I went to Northside Christian( home of lasting milledge) we were in our second year of wrestling and most of the guys on the team were a bunch of drunk stoners who did it because we had violent tempers and loved to fight. Some of us were good, some like me tried as best as we could but pretty much sucked. I always got bumped to the empty weight class to pick up the forfeit. When i did wrestle I preferred to hurt people on purpose with butt drags and vicious crossfaces that would bring blood. I didn't care if I won so long as I inflicted pain. Well we had a match one night against berkely prep which at the time was pretty good. About ten of us decided that day at school that we should go get some liquor before the match to get good and rowdy. Well my little brother is like 14 at the time and we had him go up to some guy and ask him to buy us liquor. this old guy really believed his story that my parents sent him up to the store because they were too drunk to drive. The old guy bought us a half gallon of albertson's tequila. this shit was pure rotgut and we got so drunk that my friend ken who was driving puked out the window as we rolled into the parking lot of where we wrestled. More disturbing though was the fact that there was a hair in our liquor which is pretty fucking gross.

We had some good times back then me and my little brother. It is a shame I don't get to hang out with him as much anymore. Still he got his gf pregnant and before he knew it he had a wife and two great kids and he was all wrapped up in that while I was having fun going to grad school bangin anything with a pulse and drinking my way towards a new liver. He was my partner in crime and now I am flying solo. Those were the days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home